Standalone console version of 7-Zip with reduced formats support. 7-Zip is a free and open-source file archiver, a utility used to place groups of files within compressed containers known as "archives". It is developed by Igor Pavlov and was first released in 1999. 7-Zip uses its own 7z archive format, but can read and write several other archive formats.
|Runs on:||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8|
|How to extract:||Download and unpack the 7z****-extra.7z archive, and copy the 32 or 64 bit version of "7za.exe"|
A collection of Unix tools ported to Windows. Download updates and the remaining tools here.
NOTE: tools are dated 2003 or earlier.
⚠️Some of these ports (see under "Ignored") may be vulnerable due to their age. See the FAQ for more.
bold = Original parent package or single tools:
strikethrough= "dummy" according to the porter (doesn't work).
• bc: bc,dc.
• bzip2: bzip2, bunzip2, bzip2recover.
• Coreutils: basename, cat,
chgrp, chmod, chown, cksum, comm, cp*, csplit, cut, date, dd, df, dircolors, dirname, du, echo, env, expand, expr, factor, fmt, fold, head, id, install, join, ln*, logname, ls, md5sum, mkdir, mkfifo, mknod, mv, nl, od, paste, pathchk, pr, printenv, printf, ptx, pwd, rm, rmdir, seq, sha1sum, sleep, sort, split, sum, sync, tac, tail, tee, test, touch, tr, tsort, uname, unexpand, uniq, wc, whoami, yes.
(*) cp, ln: works only on NT, does real hardlinks on NTFS.
• Diffutils: cmp, diff, diff3, sdiff.
• Fileutils: mvdir (obsolete tool).
• Findutils: find, xargs.
• fsplit (Fortran files).
• gawk: input files are opened in text mode.
• grep: grep, egrep, fgrep.
• gzip: gzip, gunzip, zcat.
• less: less, lesskey.
• make: See note in the linked entry.
• rman (PolyglotMan).
• Sharutils: shar*, unshar, uudecode, uuencode.
(*) shar: only works with -T (text) option.
• tar. See note in the linked entry.
• which: does not search the current directory.
• zsh (under the names zsh, sh).
• These tools (not ports) are also provided by the developer: gclip, gplay, pclip, type.
• RARLAB: UnRAR 3.00 beta 7: old vulnerable version.
• Wget 1.8.2: old vulnerable version.
|Runs on:||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8 / Win10|
busybox-w32 is a port of BusyBox to the Microsoft Windows WIN32 API. It brings a subset of the functionality of BusyBox to Windows in a single self-contained native executable.
Tools here are usually more limited than their full Unix counterparts.
Included Tools (More info under "Details" below):
|Runs on:||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8 / Win10|
|Writes settings to:||Usually None.|
|License:||Most tools are open-source. A few are public domain. FOSS|
|How to extract:||Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice (prefereably in your PATH folder). Launch desired tool as: busybox.exe <tool name>|